There’s nothing quite like cooling down with a dip in your own pool on a hot day. That refreshing feeling can just wash away the stress and tension in your mind and body. It’s no wonder pools are so popular!
The downside is that you need to have a bunch of land or a really big yard to have a pool installed, right? Well, that’s not the case with plunge pools.
What are plunge pools, you might ask? There are many different plunge pool designs in Kansas City, but basically a plunge pool is a smaller version of a traditional pool you might see installed in the backyard of a home.
A plunge pool provides everything a traditional pool does, but with a much smaller footprint. They are great if you’re looking for something to just splash around in and have fun with the kids, or if you just want to swim a few laps when inspiration strikes.
There are many different plunge pool designs in Kansas City that can suit your needs. Because they are smaller than traditional pools, plunge pools are able to provide versatility to fit your space without sacrificing anything you would want in a traditional pool.
Benefits of plunge pools
There are many benefits to plunge pools, and below we will go over just a few of them:
- You can swim in it: Just because a plunge pool is smaller than a traditional pool doesn’t mean you can’t swim in it. A plunge pool design can be long and skinny for swimming laps. You can also get jets installed to provide resistance to swim against.
- Doubles as a spa: If you get jets installed, you can design your plunge pool with lounging areas near the jet nozzles to have it double as a spa of sorts. Water jets, even in water that’s not piping hot, can work wonders on tight muscles.
- Swimming lessons: Because of their small size, plunge pools can be a great arena for teaching someone how to swim.
- Similar installation to traditional pools: Just like traditional pools, plunge pools can be installed as below-ground or above-ground features, or even a combination of both. They can also be made of poured concrete or pre-shaped fiberglass.
- Cost savings: Plunge pools tend to be less expensive to install than traditional pools because of their smaller size. They also cost less to heat and maintain. Plunge pools use the same filtration and cleaning technology as traditional pools, but since they use less water, they do not require as much in the way of cleaning supplies.
- Functional water feature: If you’re looking for a water feature for your backyard, a plunge pool can be a good looking and functional addition that will increase the value of your home.
If you’re ready to take the plunge in Kansas City and get a plunge pool of your own, call MSE Hardscape Design and Installation today to start working on the plunge pool design of your dreams. We look forward to working with you!