As opposed to landscaping, hardscape is the non-living elements of a property. Hardscaping includes things like rocks, bricks, pavers, stone and even wood. Since hardscaping can be used for both practical and aesthetic purposes, anyone with a yard can be a good candidate to install hardscaping. This post will cover a few of the top reasons to add hardscape in Kansas City.
Why does your yard need hardscaping?
Hardscaping wouldn’t be as popular as it is if it didn’t offer a variety of benefits. Here are a few of the top reasons to add hardscape elements to your property:
- Property protection: One of the main reasons homeowners opt for hardscaping is to protect their property from erosion. Retaining walls are the best way to prevent erosion on your property, which causes major headaches and is expensive to repair. Retaining walls don’t have to be utilitarian looking, either—professionals can incorporate beautiful designs into the walls.
- Create usable space: Homeowners with hilly or drastically-sloped backyards will tell you that finding usable space can be tricky. For example, where are you supposed to set up lawn furniture if your whole yard is slanted? The solution is hardscaping—with the right design and combination of retaining walls, hardscaping contractors can dramatically increase your outdoor living space.
- Enhanced appearance: As long as you come up with the right design for your property, hardscaping can be stunning. Pavers, patios and even well-designed retaining walls can look just as good as trees and shrubs. Just remember to have them installed by a team of professionals!
- Low maintenance: Unlike landscaping, which requires cutting, watering, trimming, mulching and more, hardscaping is virtually maintenance free. You’ll want to add a protective seal to your stonework, patios and decks to protect them from the elements, but besides cleaning up after yourself, sealing is the only real maintenance you’ll need to worry about.
Hire a professional for your hardscaping!
You could technically perform all of your hardscaping by yourself. However, there are several advantages of having a professional take care of it for you. These are a few of the top reasons to bring in a pro:
- Flawless design: When you hire a professional to tackle your hardscaping project, you can rest easy knowing you’ll have useful hardscape design in Kansas City. Your hardscape will be both functional and visually pleasing. If you hire the right contractor, you may suddenly find yourself with the best-looking property on the block!
- Worry-free installation: Hauling rocks, pavers and other heavy hardscape elements to your property takes a lot of hard work—and, once you have it on-site, you’ll need to figure out how to incorporate it all into one cohesive installation. Instead of troubling yourself with all of that, just hire a professional to take care of it all.
If you think you’re ready to invest in hardscaping in Kansas City, then contact MSE Hardscape Design and Installation to get a free estimate! On top of providing free estimates, we offer some of the most competitive prices in town for the best-looking hardscapes.