When many homeowners try to increase their property value through exterior improvements, their go-to idea is to enhance the landscaping. They plant flowers, trees and shrubs. They work hard to maintain the lawn. They may even call a professional landscaping service for help. While landscaping does boost property value and curb appeal, you shouldn’t overlook hardscaping! This post will cover everything you need to know about hardscaping and how it can increase your home value in Kansas City:
- Prevents erosion: Land damage, like erosion, destroys property value and is very costly to repair. The best way to prevent erosion is by incorporating retaining walls and other hardscape features. After incorporating the right hardscape design, you can plant shrubs and grasses that will hold onto the dirt and further prevent erosion.
- Increases usable space: There’s nothing better than spending summer afternoons outside in the backyard—that is, unless your house sits on a hilly piece of land! Hilly or sloped properties make it difficult to utilize outdoor space, and re-grading the land can be expensive. Installing retaining walls can increase your usable outdoor space and allow you to set up lawn furniture, play games or even build out a patio space.
- Enhances curb appeal: When it comes to hardscaping and your home’s resale value in Kansas City, you can’t overestimate the power of curb appeal. Prospective buyers are much more likely to be interested in a home that has great hardscaping than one that doesn’t. Patios, outdoor kitchens and fire pits are just a few of the hardscape features that really catch a buyer’s eye.
How we can help
As the top hardscape contractors in the area, our team at MSE Hardscape Design and Installation knows a thing or two about hardscaping and what it can do for a home’s resale value in Kansas City. These are a few of the ways we can help boost your home’s value:
- Retaining walls: Our retaining walls don’t just prevent erosion—they also look great! We can build retaining walls of any size, and we’re experienced in building both standalone and incorporated walls.
- Pavers: Whether you’re creating a walkway through your yard, building a patio, bordering a pool or adding onto your existing hardscape, you’ll need to get the right pavers. We have pavers in all shapes, sizes, materials and colors to meet your needs.
- Outdoor kitchens: If you love hosting summer barbecues, ditch the traditional grill and install an outdoor kitchen. As mentioned above, an outdoor kitchen boosts curb appeal and ensures you’re the top host in your neighborhood.
- Patios: At MSE Hardscape Design and Installation, we’re masters at expanding your indoor living space into your backyard. While building your custom patio, we can include everything from an outdoor fireplace to built-in furniture to ensure your patio is the ultimate backyard oasis.
Whether you’re planning to put your home on the market or you’d just like to learn more about how hardscaping can increase your home’s value in Kansas City, call the pros at MSE Hardscape Design and Installation. Our wide variety of hardscaping services ensures your property will look great and be worth a lot more on the market.