It’s been a long winter, but summer is just around the corner, and this means that with spring about to arrive, it’s a good time for you to take care of some projects that will help you get the most out of your outdoor entertaining spaces in Kansas City this summer.
One improvement you might consider is an outdoor kitchen, especially if you already do a lot of entertaining outdoors. Outdoor kitchens come with a variety of benefits, and there are plenty of ways you can customize such a space to give it everything you need for your backyard barbecues and summer drink-sipping sessions.
Here are a few examples of some of the biggest benefits that come with outdoor kitchens:
- Increased home value: Studies published by Zillow show you can significantly increase the value of your home by adding an outdoor kitchen. Homes with these features will sell for as much as 30 percent more than expected. Studies by other sources indicate outdoor kitchens can provide you with a 100 percent to 200 percent return on investment.
- Extend your living space: If you want to add more functional living space to your home, you can extend that to the outdoors. This is especially beneficial if you have some unused outdoor space to work with. You can add counter space, appliances, bartending facilities and seating areas that offer you a seamless transition from the indoors to the outdoors.
- More entertaining space: Homeowners of all ages frequently place better outdoor entertaining spaces near the top of their wish lists for home purchases. In fact, homeowners are quite often willing to pay at least $5,000 extra if a home has a great outdoor living and entertaining space. Giving your home better space for grilling, eating, drinking and playing will help you transform your home into the place to be this summer.
- Easier cooking: If you already do a lot of outdoor cooking on a grill, in a smoker or in a pizza oven, then you can get a lot of use out of outdoor kitchen amenities. A well-designed outdoor kitchen allows more people to help out with preparing food, mixing drinks and even cleaning up. You can create smart layouts that allow you to get a lot of helpers around even a small space. Just make sure you keep an efficient work flow in mind, just as you would in a regular kitchen.
- Convenience: There are a lot of benefits associated with cooking outdoors that can make it convenient. You don’t have to worry as much about lingering odors, or an oven heating up your home on hot summer days. You can also centralize cooking, cleaning and eating all in one location, where you have everything you need to make the meal go off without a hitch.
If you’re interested in learning more about outdoor kitchen designs in Kansas City as you’re preparing for summer, we encourage you to contact the team at MSE Hardscape Design and Installation today. We look forward to discussing your wishes and your options!