With the new year comes the possibility of revamping your outdoor spaces to better reflect your entertaining needs, your design preferences and even your personality. You might not be aware of all the masonry options available in Kansas City, but MSE Hardscape Design and Installation is happy to help you design your new patio with the very latest options.
No matter when you bought your home or building, there are so many more options today than ever before. One great way to update your space’s aesthetic is to install a beautiful patio—and doing that with masonry or concrete pavers is a cost-effective, lasting addition.
Here are some of our favorite ways to pave your patio:
- Consider the space: The number one determining factor in your new patio is the space you want to pave. How much of your back (or front) yard do you want to pave over, and what are the design constraints? Do you have trees, hills or other features that should be preserved?
- Think about safety: Depending on what you plan to use your patio for, you can narrow your choices down that way. Do you plan to use it for entertaining? Will children be playing on it? If you expect heavy foot traffic, you’ll want to pick something smooth and interlocking that won’t trip your guests up. Similarly, avoid super-slippery surfaces like concrete or polished stone.
- Add platforms: Platforms are a great way to add depth and dimension to your patio. Having multiple levels can highlight certain areas of your patio.
- Accent stones: Not every stone has to be created the same—consider using accent stones, either in different sizes or colors, to create a unique design that reflects your personal style.
- Mix it up: Mixing the style, type, color and size of stones can be a fantastic way to add some quirkiness to your design. Some folks opt for circular patterns, whereas others like an eclectic mix. If you’re looking for a more natural or softer design, think about eliminating right angles entirely.
- Recycle: Recycling old pavers—and incorporating them with the new—can be a great way to combine the vintage and modern. Doing this gives your backyard a clean look that still manages to look “lived in,” which is perfect for cozier spaces.
- Think about your kids and garden: Depending on your family and garden situation, you can also take the opportunity to pave the way for playhouses, or cordon off areas to keep critters away from your vegetable gardens.
The finest masonry for your Kansas City home or business
For years, MSE Hardscape Design and Installation has been a leading expert not only on pavers themselves, but also in how to best use them to create exceptional hardscape designs and one-of-a-kind features for our residential and commercial clients. Whether you’re interested in a functional retaining wall or you’re seeking help with masonry in Kansas City, we’re happy to put our expertise regarding pavers to good use on your behalf. Contact us today to learn more!