Already sick of being stuck indoors for the winter? You’re not alone. Everyone who’s undergone luxurious patio construction in Kansas City is wishing they could be sipping wassail on their patios, not watching the snow fall from indoors.
With some design tweaks and heating elements, you could be getting fresh air as well as holiday cheer. Here are our top tips for celebrating outdoors when the temperatures suggest you need to be inside:
- Cover your patio: Depending on your individual home, covering your patio could mean anything from adding a roof extension to a detached pergola—either way, keeping rain, snow and hail off your patio is the most important element of making your patio a useful outdoor winter space.
- Get the right heating elements: Baby, it’s cold outside… so you’re going to need to install some thoughtful heating elements. Many people enjoy the coziness of a fire pit, but consider fans and heaters from the ceiling, as well. You can get wall-mounted or independent electrical heaters to keep everyone as cozy as possible. Depending on your structure, some well-placed drapes might even do well to keep the wind and chill away.
- Put out the speakers: Nothing sets the mood like music, so consider installing some speakers within your outdoor space. You can invest in waterproof options or go for portable Bluetooth speakers, but music and other relaxing sounds will serve you well all year long.
- Plant trees: This is a “for future reference” item, but trees are great for keeping the elements off of your outdoor spaces. When spring rolls around, think about planting some big, beautiful trees that will grow to fit your space.
- Quality seating means better comfort: No matter how warm and cozy your space looks, if the seating is bad, no one is going to want to spend time outdoors in the dead of winter. Look for multifunctional patio furniture that can withstand the elements, but will also be comfortable whether it’s 100 degrees or 20. Remember, you can always add blankets and heaters!
- Light it up: Finally, the key to making your outdoor space a beautiful celebration hub is to add great lighting. From twinkle lights strung around the perimeter to lanterns and candles, you can combat the early darkness with plenty of festive light.
Whatever you choose, MSE Hardscape Design and Installation can make it happen!
Patio construction in Kansas City
When it comes to complementing your landscape with beautiful paved features, trust no one other than MSE Hardscape Design and Installation. Our experience with all facets of hardscape design and patio construction in Kansas City has made us the premier source for retaining walls, patios, outdoor kitchens, fire pits and more—if you can dream it, we can pave it! We can create luxurious designs quickly and affordably, bringing sophistication to your landscape in a variety of ways. We’re also pleased to offer our paving services in both residential and commercial capacities, for your convenience. Reach out to us today to learn more or arrange a consultation.