When you’re considering whether to use concrete or patterned pavers on outdoor spaces, there are a number of reasons to choose pavers. These have been the standard for hundreds of years in many parts of the world, and now they’re becoming a more popular choice for exterior spaces at U.S. homes. This is because of their durability, variety and ease of repair and replacement.
You’ll want to bring in a proven expert in masonry in Kansas City when you make the choice to add pavers for a driveway, walkway or patio. Let’s go over the leading reasons we believe pavers make such a great choice:
- Variety: Stamped concrete does successfully imitate the look of paving stones, but it’s not the quite the same. That’s because pavers come in a wide range of colors and textures. Think about it like laying laminate in your kitchen instead of tile—one’s the genuine article, and the other simply isn’t.
- Patterns: There are a wide range of patterned pavers to choose from that can complement your home’s aesthetic. Whether it’s a herringbone pattern, a basket weave pattern or a circular pattern, you can fit the pavers into the space to create a unique look. This makes pavers a great choice for those who value flexibility.
- Durability: The bottom line is that while concrete might look the same at first, over time its colors will fade. The bright sunshine will strip the concrete of its finish and wash away the color you chose, as the color is simply placed on top of the concrete. This is not the case with concrete pavers, which have color all the way through and resist fading.
- Replacement: When pavers are damaged, or becoming cracked or chipped, the good news is that replacement is easy. The stone can simply be removed and another installed in a matter of a couple of hours. Concrete damage may result in a line appearing different than the rest of the surface or require complete replacement.
- Installation: This is simpler with pavers because you don’t have to wait for them to dry and set like you do with concrete. That means you can begin enjoying your patio or driveway right away. You won’t have to look around for street parking or push off that party to a later date.
Do you need help with masonry in Kansas City? Trust the team at MSE Hardscape Design and Installation. Our deep experience in every aspect of hardscape design has made us the premier source for retaining walls, patios, outdoor kitchens, fire pits and more—if you can dream it, we can pave it! We can create luxurious paver designs quickly and affordably for both residential and commercial customers.
Our aim is to provide you with functional and highly aesthetic features so you can command the vision of your landscape to meet your exact needs. At MSE Hardscape Design and Installation, we take the time to consult with you before every project so that our work meets your vision. Give us a call right now to learn more about how we can make your outdoor spaces shine!