Beautiful flowers, tall trees and lush grass are essential if you want a beautiful backyard. But plants alone won’t do the trick if you’re trying to create a sense of peace for everyone outside. You’ve got to install a water feature to complete the feeling of tranquility! Read on to learn about some of the different types of water features and hardscapes in Kansas City that are sure to look fantastic in your yard.
Different types of water fountains
Though they all provide the same comforting feeling, there are many different types of water fountains you have to choose from. These are a few of the most popular fountain types in yards and gardens across the country:
- Japanese fountain: Though they’re traditionally found at the entrances to temples and homes in Japan, Japanese fountains are becoming quite popular in the U.S. The fountains represent spiritual and physical cleansing and are sure to provide you with a sense of peace.
- Tiered fountain: A tiered fountain is one of the most popular options for all sorts of gardens, regardless of what’s being grown. These fountains typically have carved humans, animals or shapes, which help them become focal points in your garden.
- Disappearing fountain: This type of fountain is also known as a pondless fountain. Disappearing fountains have a water reservoir that’s hidden beneath the ground, making the setup look like a natural pond. Folks often add a disappearing fountain near a pathway or patio in their yard.
Benefits of birdbaths
Fountains aren’t the only hardscapes in Kansas City that can enhance your yard. Adding a birdbath is a great (and inexpensive) way to elevate your garden. Here are a few reasons why people choose to invest in one:
- Bring in birds: First and foremost, birdbaths attract beautiful birds to your yard! Their stunning colors and cheerful songs are bound to brighten your day.
- Aerate the soil: Birds don’t just create a happy mood in your yard—they’re also known to aerate the soil, which helps your grass grow.
- Remove pests: Birds have to eat something when they’re hanging out in your yard, and unless you put out birdseed for them, they’re going to eat pesky flying bugs that would normally put a damper on your day.
- Attract helpful insects: Not all bugs are annoying—some are actually crucial if you want a lush, pretty garden. For instance, insects like bees help pollinate your flowers and trees.
- Birdbaths can be a focal point: Who says the focal point of your garden has to be a fountain with running water? Choose a nicely decorated birdbath, and that can become the star of your backyard space!
Whether you’re looking for a Japanese fountain or you’d like to add a birdbath or two, be sure to hire us to install your hardscapes in Kansas City. At MSE Hardscape Design and Installation, our professionals strive to provide you with the best service at the most competitive rates possible. Call us today to get started with your new project!