As a homeowner, you are always looking for ways to improve the look and feel of your living spaces, whether you’re performing a basic maintenance task or planning a more complex project like patio installation. If you are thinking about investing in new patio construction in Kansas City before summer, but still need some convincing, read on. Let’s take a look at some of the top benefits of installing a new patio:
- Aesthetics: When selecting the design and materials to use for your new patio, you’ll learn quickly that you have options. Some homeowners choose a plain concrete patio. Concrete can look clean and simple, and it is a cost-effective option for building an outdoor entertainment area. The downside of concrete is that it often lacks style and aesthetic appeal. However, if you want to play around with color and design, you might consider building a patio with interlocking pavers. From intricate designs to basic patterns to a natural look, paver patios are good at letting your creative side run wild.
- Adds home value: Installed properly and cared for, your home patio can potentially raise the value of your property. It can boost the market value significantly in some cases, if you’re planning to sell. A nice backyard patio can add value in other ways, too. For instance, if you own a rental home, you know that finding renters can be competitive. Offering 24/7 access to a patio is enticing to future renters and can be the difference between a good applicant deciding to rent your property or moving on to a second choice.
- Entertaining: Think of a backyard patio, and food and parties come to mind—and that’s the way it should be! Summer barbecues, dinner parties and get-togethers with family and friends are best when happening in a comfortable outdoor area. Paver patios are fantastic spaces for outdoor entertaining, especially during the warm summer months. Don’t rule out a patio installation project based on the size of your property. While patios are great additions for smaller homes, they are just as sought after by those with larger homes.
- Relaxing: Next to outdoor entertaining, another top reason for homeowners to consider patio installation is the appeal of having a readily accessible place to relax. You can design and decorate your patio to be the perfect place for escape, because no one likes being stuck inside on pleasant summer days and nights.
- Low maintenance: Wood decks require frequent painting or staining, and wood pieces often need replacing. Poured concrete patios can crack, split and pit over time, which can turn quickly into expensive fixes. What makes paver patios so popular is their reputation for being low maintenance. If a section or individual paver sustains damage, it’s simple enough to replace it with a brand new one. This minimal maintenance can save you money down the road and won’t test your patience.
The time to get your home ready for summer is now—start planning new patio construction in Kansas City today! Call MSE Hardscape Design and Installation for more information about patio installation or to schedule a consultation with a professional.