Whether you want more curb appeal or are looking to boost the value of your property, thinking outside the box can help you reach your goal. With that in mind, here are six ways to enhance your curb appeal with help from a local hardscape contractor in Kansas City:
- Use pavers: Pavers can be put in just about anywhere around the outside of your property. They are the perfect addition to extend a short front walkway or a thin driveway. You can also use pavers to add a patterned border around the surface of these features. Luckily, hardscape suppliers that offer pavers typically have a wide range of colors, styles and textures available for homeowners to choose from.
- Install stylish paths: If there are no clear paths running throughout your property, the time to consider putting some in is now. A well-defined path from the street all the way up to your front door not only looks more inviting and organized, but is a sure way to boost your property’s curb appeal when done right. Use stone, brick or another durable paving material to create your new path, whether it goes through the grass or hugs the driveway, then line it with beautiful flowers and lighting for ambience.
- Have edgers and planters: The best way to ensure the mulch and high dirt stays in your flower beds is to contain as much of the plot as possible. Sure, you can use clay pots, but there’s another, more permanent option that looks great and adds to your home value: stone edgers and built-in planters. Edgers also look great circling the bases of tree trunks and bordering grassy areas, while permanent raised planters can double as seat walls and benches.
- Put up a retaining wall: Retaining walls work for both function and aesthetics. These walls are built to stand alone or incorporated into other features of your home or commercial property. An experienced hardscape contractor in Kansas City can help design one that matches your home’s exterior and enhances the appeal of your entire property.
- Build a patio: Have you always wanted a back patio, a usable outdoor living space that comes right off the main portion of your house? A beautifully paved back patio can bring your backyard to life and give it a new purpose besides storage for gardening equipment. A properly constructed patio will also blend in fluidly with nature and the landscaping in your backyard. The key to a beautiful patio is a quality design and quality workmanship.
- Separate areas of your yard: With low retaining walls, seat walls, paved pathways, patios and more, you can break up your open yard with all kinds of unique and functional hardscape features. This way, you can better define individual spaces—think sitting areas with stone benches and outdoor fireplaces built over paved outdoor living spaces.
For more information about enhancing your home’s or business’s curb appeal with hardscape projects, contact MSE Hardscape Design and Installation. Reach out to us to speak with a professional hardscape contractor in Kansas City!