It may still be chilly outside, but spring will be here before you know it. If you’re dreaming of warmer weather and sunny days, you might have already thought about how you want to enjoy the season of new beginnings. For many homeowners, spring provides the perfect time of year to complete projects in and around the home. The weeks leading up to spring give you a great opportunity to start thinking about which projects you want to get done and how you want to bring your warm weather visions to life.
If you’re considering investing in hardscape design in Kansas City, MO for your yard, you might be looking for some inspiration and direction for your project. Luckily, there are a lot of great ideas out there and plenty of great materials to consider:
- Pavers: If you want to create a pathway or solid surface in your yard, pavers are a great option. Pavers are usually made from concrete, and they come in many different colors and textures depending on your specific preferences. By switching up the placement and the spacing of pavers in your yard, you can create a distinct feature for walking, lounging or entertaining.
- Crushed granite: Most people know granite as an iconic countertop material, but this natural stone can be used for hardscape design in Kansas City, MO, too. Crushed granite, sometimes called decomposed granite, is commonly used for things like pathways and patios.
- Stone blocks: For sturdy hardscape design in Kansas City, MO, stone blocks are an excellent option that offers the perfect combination of durability and aesthetic appeal. Stone blocks are cut to be used like bricks in constructing retaining walls, pathways and garden beds. Regardless of the specific application, their natural texture is an excellent addition to almost any yard.
- Gravel: If you have grass or a garden, it’s a good idea to incorporate hardscape design in Kansas City, MO that promotes drainage. Gravel is a good material to use since it encourages proper drainage, and it can also be found in a number of different colors depending on your style.
- Flagstone: Paving slabs made of flagstone are great for walkways in areas where you still want to promote drainage. You can use mortar to set flagstone or simply set it into gravel or decomposed granite.
- River Rock: River rock is smooth stones that are primarily used to accent gardens or create a unique hardscape design in Kansas City, MO. You can find river rocks in a range of sizes and colors depending on the application that you intend to use it for.
At MSE Hardscapes LLC, we are experts in a wide range of hardscaping materials and services. Our professional team can help you determine what kind of hardscape design in Kansas City, MO is going to be best for your specific circumstances. Whether you want to enhance your landscaping with a stone block retaining wall or you want to liven up your outdoor space with an outdoor kitchen, we would be happy to help bring your vision to life. Get in touch today!