When you think of hardscape design in Kansas City, MO, you probably think of the summer season. Outdoor projects are often completed during the warmer months of the year. However, this doesn’t have to be the case. In fact, wintertime offers several advantages for hardscape projects. With the following facts in mind, you might decide that winter provides the perfect opportunity to add a beautiful hardscape feature to your property.
Consider these benefits of starting your hardscape project in the winter:
- It’s cheaper: The majority of hardscape and landscape projects occur in the warmer months. This means high demand, which translates to higher prices. As demand for both inventory and labor drops in the winter, so do the rates. Enjoy sizable savings by planning your hardscape project for winter. Apply these savings to other things or get upgrades and additional features for your hardscape project that you wouldn’t be able to afford during the busier seasons.
- It’s faster: The reduced demand for hardscapes in winter does more than reduce the price. It also reduces wait times. Contractors are not as busy. With fewer projects demanding their time, you enjoy a shorter wait time both to start and to finish your hardscape. If you need a permit for the project, the same is true for permit processing. Fewer homeowners are seeking permits in the winter, so you can probably obtain a permit faster.
- It’s more relaxed: When you complete a hardscape design in Kansas City, MO, the process usually involves several rounds of discussions and planning to hammer out the details of your project. You must select the design, colors, materials and style. It’s important to take your time in making these decisions to avoid costly changes down the line. The slower winter season allows more time to make these decisions and get the project right the first time.
- It’s useful: Why miss out on an entire winter season of potential enjoyment of your new hardscape? A fire pit or heat lamps can make your hardscape particularly useful in the winter months. Go ahead and get started on your hardscape design in Kansas City, MO this season. You can use it this winter, and it will be ready for use in the spring rather than still an idea in the making.
- It’s solid: Chemicals in concrete react with water to bind the mixture together. This process is called curing. Proper curing is essential for strong, solid concrete. Colder months facilitate better curing. The concrete cures at a slower rate, which makes it more durable. The result is a longer life span and fewer cracks. As long as temperatures remain above 25 degrees during the day, contractors can pour concrete. Be sure to choose a hardscape company that is familiar with the process of winter concrete pouring.
Are you ready to begin your hardscape design in Kansas City, MO? This winter, contact the hardscape experts at MSE Hardscapes LLC to get started. Our experienced team will partner with you to create the ideal hardscape solutions for your setting and needs.