Adding a concrete patio to your backyard is a great complement to your home, and concrete is one of the best options when it comes to installing a new driveway. But unless you have unlimited time on your hands, doing either of those things can be a waste of many weekends and evenings. Hiring a concrete contractor in Kansas City, MO is your best bet if you want a new concrete patio or driveway. That being said, it’s not a bad idea to know what a concrete contractor does before and during your concrete installation. Continue reading to learn more about the whole concrete process:
- Demo: Before concrete pouring can begin, contractors have to clear the area. Depending on what needs to be moved, this can be a pretty heavy-duty task. Large stones and other objects may require big machinery to get out of the way. There’s nothing standing in the way of our crew and your new patio, hardscape or driveway! We’re able to move anything and everything out of the way to lay your concrete.
- Tear-up: After everything has been cleared out of the way, it may be necessary to tear up old concrete. This is another task that would take quite a while if you don’t have all of the right equipment for the job. Luckily, we’re prepared for any task! Our professionals have everything we need to ensure all of the old concrete is up and out of the area before a new installation or re-pour begins.
- Subbase: You can’t just start laying concrete down after the area has been cleared. That’s only going to cause issues down the road, and is a guaranteed way to have an uneven patio surface. Before pouring begins, professionals lay down a subbase of gravel. This ensures a smooth and even concrete surface. In addition, a good subbase helps the concrete last longer.
- Make a form: Nobody wants an uneven-looking patio or driveway. The only way to guarantee that the concrete is uniform is by making a form or frame. The frame is laid down and hammered into the ground before a concrete contractor in Kansas City, MO starts pouring the concrete.
- Pour the concrete: Once all of the previous steps have been completed and the concrete has been mixed, the actual pouring process can begin. Our professionals take care to evenly lay the concrete to ensure an even surface. The last thing our customers want is a bumpy patio or driveway!
- Seal the concrete: The best way to ensure a long-lasting patio or driveway is to seal it after the concrete has been poured. Even though concrete is a durable material, it can’t hurt to add an extra layer of protection.
Whether you’re just considering installing a concrete patio now, or if it’s time to redo your current patio, don’t do it yourself. Give MSE Hardscapes LLC a call and let our professionals handle all of the difficult work for you. We have decades of industry experience and offer some of the lowest rates in the area for the long concrete pouring process.