Summer is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors. Whether you enjoy hiking or just sitting on the back deck with a drink, there’s no better way to celebrate the warm weather and longer days. An outdoor kitchen is the perfect way to take it one step further. This trend is quickly becoming one of the most popular ways to cook all year long.
The scope of the kitchen can vary drastically based on your needs. A small, simple outdoor kitchen might stick to the basics, including an outdoor range and a countertop. More elaborate options might feature an outdoor grill, refrigerator, cupboards, stovetop and a food prep counter. Whichever you choose, it’s the perfect way to escape the heat of the indoor kitchen on a hot day or to transform your outdoor get together. Best of all, there’s no mess inside your house!
Not convinced yet? Here are six ways in which outdoor kitchens in Kansas City, MO can enhance your exterior space:
- Make entertaining simple: Entertaining can sometimes be frustrating for the host. Usually, they are stuck in the kitchen preparing the meal, while the guests socialize outside. Take the cooking outside with an outdoor kitchen. You’ll be able to spend time with your guests while you fire up the grill.
- More time outdoors: The days are longer and the weather is beautiful, so why not make it easy to enjoy the summer as much as possible? An outdoor kitchen lets you take advantage of all of nature’s beauty. Enjoy the chirping birds as you scramble some eggs or bask in the cool evening air after cooking some burgers.
- Increased home value: Adding an outdoor kitchen can drastically increase the value of your home. The resale price of your home will see a huge boost thanks to this luxurious addition. An outdoor kitchen is one investment that will certainly pay off when it comes time to put your home on the market.
- Decreased energy bill: Summer is the hottest time of the year and heating up the oven only makes it worse. Your air conditioner is forced to work extra hard to maintain a cool and consistent temperature within your home. Cooking outside will keep your monthly energy bill lower by taking the heat out of the kitchen.
- Less mess inside: Nothing can ruin a great dinner party like knowing you’re facing hours of dirty dishes and cleanup afterwards. Outdoor cooking limits the mess within your actual home. This is especially important if you’ve cleaned up the inside for a special event.
- Healthy eating: Grilled food tends to be less greasy and healthier than many other cooking options. The high heat of the grill helps to retain the nutrients and moisture, but burns off any excess fat. Best of all, you’ll save a ton of calories by swapping out that giant buttery restaurant steak for one made on the grill.
Ready to take the cooking outside? Call MSE Hardscapes LLC today to learn more about how we can help you design and build the perfect outdoor kitchens in Kansas City, MO to enjoy this summer and for years to come.