Do you dream of relaxing on your patio with a drink in hand on a warm summer evening? This doesn’t have to be a fantasy. Your backyard can be the perfect outdoor retreat with the help of a professional hardscape contractor. Custom hardscaping allows you to create a luxurious outdoor entertaining space or an area for poolside fun. But it’s crucial that you only hire a trustworthy and experienced contractor for the job. Someone inexperienced and unprofessional could end up costing you significantly more money, time and stress in the future. Knowing the right questions to ask will help simplify the process so you can easily find a reputable hardscape contractor in Kansas City, MO:
- Seek out contractors with hardscaping certifications: Hardscaping requires specialized training to ensure the work is done correctly. While a contractor might claim they can do the job, their work may be of low quality if they lack the formal training necessary to take on hardscape projects. Look for a professional contractor that boasts specialized certifications.
- Insurance: You could be faced with thousands of dollars in legal and repair fees if an accident were to occur on your property during the hardscape installation. Save yourself from this headache by only hiring contractors who are fully insured. A reputable hardscape contractor will have general liability to cover all the repair fees if any damage were to occur. This will also take care of any workers’ compensation, medical bills and lost wages if an employee is injured while on the job. You’re completely safe from all of this as long as the company has the proper insurance.
- Consider references: Reviews from past customers offer the best insight into a company. Consult your friends and family to see if there is anyone they would recommend or avoid. Check online reviews for an honest take on any contractor you are considering hiring. Read carefully for any issues that are mentioned in multiple reviews.
- Guaranteed work: A reputable hardscape contractor will provide a guarantee on their work. This means they will repair any issues caused by improper workmanship or faulty materials. Most professionals will guarantee the project for up to a year after it is completed.
- Get a written estimate and contract: A verbal estimate isn’t binding. You need a written estimate and contract before any work is actually started. This ensures that both you and the contractor are on the same page about cost, project timeline and the work that will be performed. This is the only way you will be protected from being charged an amount you did not agree to while making sure that the work is exactly what you wanted.
Take the stress out of hiring a hardscape contractor in Kansas City, MO by choosing the professionals with MSE Hardscapes LLC. Our team is experienced with all facets of hardscape design. With more than a decade of experience in the industry, we can help you create the perfect backyard retreat. Call us today to get started!