Who, what, where, when and why, also known as the “five Ws,” are five questions that can help solve police investigations, and are also great questions for a journalist trying to write a story. Those same five Ws are also invaluable to consider when contractors are trying to design and build outdoor kitchens in Kansas City, MO. Knowing the answers to the following five questions will make your outdoor construction project faster, easier and possibly even cheaper:
- Who will be in and around your outdoor kitchen? Before we start constructing your outdoor kitchen, you’ll need to have a general idea of who you’ll be entertaining and who will be around the kitchen while food is being prepared. Knives plus small children running around a kitchen equals bad news. Make sure your outdoor kitchen has a space dedicated for knives and other utensils. Sharp edges on counters and appliances are also a potential hazard; think about that while you’re planning your kitchen. Entertaining elderly folks should also be a consideration while planning an outdoor kitchen. All of the flooring should be perfectly level to avoid potential falls and broken hips.
- What will you be cooking? Outdoor kitchens in Kansas City, MO can come in all sizes and can be used to cook everything from simple barbecue to elegant meals. If you’re just planning on cooking barbecue on a grill, you won’t need a whole lot of space. However, if you think you might be cooking full meals, you’ll need more counter space and a larger stovetop, or even an oven. It’s also important to keep in mind that a bigger kitchen is usually a more expensive kitchen.
- Where will you put it? Location is key to planning an outdoor kitchen. Keep in mind that where there’s smoke, there’s fire. Smoke wafting into open windows can be annoying. We recommend having a general idea of what direction the wind blows around your house and plan your location accordingly. Even worse, an outdoor kitchen that’s located too close to your home can cause a fire. This is something that’s worth avoiding!
- When should you build? Spring, summer and early fall are usually the most popular seasons to utilize outdoor kitchens in Kansas City, MO. That being said, we can design kitchens that can be used year-round! If you like the idea of cooking outdoors in the dead of winter, that can be arranged. Ask our friendly professionals how we can get you set up for an outdoor kitchen that can be used 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Why do you want an outdoor kitchen? Finally, our professionals would like to know why you’re planning on building an outdoor kitchen. Are you planning on cooking for your family, or for the whole neighborhood? Do you want guests to eat outside, or inside? Do you want outdoor entertainment like speakers or TVs? These are all things to consider before we start construction!
While it helps to know the answers to these questions beforehand, our friendly staff of knowledgeable professionals can guide you along the way to help you creat your dream outdoor kitchen. Give MSE Hardscapes LLC a call today to get the process underway!