Do you have brick or stone project that needs work? If so, you are probably in need of a good masonry contractor in Kansas City, MO. Masonry contractors are skilled in a variety of materials such as natural rock, clay, concrete, brick and tile. Before you hire a masonry contractor, you need to consider their skills and qualifications, as these will vary from contractor to contractor. Here are some questions to ask before you hire a masonry contractor for your project:
- Do you have any mason certifications? Ask your masonry contractor in Kansas City, MO if they are certified through the National Concrete Masonry Association. This association offers masons continuing education, codes and standards and information about working in a safe environment. You will want to make sure your masonry contractor is a member.
- What is your experience? Check that your masonry contractor in Kansas City, MO has experience working with the stone or brick that you are using in your project. Not every mason is skilled with every material, so you want to be sure to check that their qualifications match what you are trying to achieve. Also be sure that they are familiar with the pattern for your brick or tile work before they start the job.
- Do you have references? Ask for references from past clients. Going to see the work of a masonry contractor in Kansas City, MO will give you insight into the work they can perform for you. Talk to past clients about their experience with the contractor and gauge their level of satisfaction with the work that was completed.
- Do you have proof of insurance? Don’t just trust a contractor when they say they have insurance. Ask for proof so you can be sure it is current. Anyone can say they have insurance, and the risk is too great to just go on someone’s word.
- When will the work be complete? Having an idea of how long a project will take will be helpful. This will give you a good idea of what to expect and give you an approximation of how long the work will take. It may take longer, but at least you will be prepared.
- What is the payment schedule? Know your costs before you begin. You may be asked to pay half up front to cover the cost of materials. This is typical. You should hold the final payment until you are completely satisfied with the job done.
- Will you clean up after the project is completed? Know who is responsible for cleanup. Make sure the contract states that it is the responsibility of your masonry contractor in Kansas City, MO to clean up when the project is finished, or you will be stuck doing it.
Do your research before you hire a masonry contractor in Kansas City, MO. You will want to be sure that they are qualified and experienced in masonry work to ensure you get the best results for your project. Hire MSE Hardscapes LLC for your masonry project and we will deliver nothing short of quality. Call us today to learn more!